Today we will be learning three things:
- Date in a Month
Date in a Month (~nichi/~日)
How to use it?
It is ichigatsu itsuka (1月5日) or ichigatsu go nichi ( 1月5日)
When you use itsuka, there’s no need to put nichi (day)
Days in a week (~youbi/ ～曜日)
As you can see every day in a week has a meaning.
- Nichiyoubi (日曜日): Nichi 日is the kanji for sun. Sunday is sunny day.
- Getsuyoubi (月曜日): Getsu 月 is the kanji for moon. Monday is a moon day.
- Kayoubi (火曜日): Ka 火 is the kanji for fire. Tuesday is fire day.
- Suiyoubi (水曜日): Sui 水 is the kanji for water. Wednesday is water day.
- Mokuyoubi (木曜日): Moku 木 is the kanji for wood. Thursday is wood day.
- Kinyoubi (金曜日): Kin 金 is the kanji for gold. Friday is gold day.
- Doyoubi (土曜日): Do 土 is kanji for soil. Saturday is soil day.
Ramadan (fasting month) is around the corner. So when is it? ラマダンはいつですか？
I can say that Ramadan this year is from 27th May till 26th June. (In Malaysia)
In Japanese, 今年ラマダンは5月27日から6月26日までです。
～から～まで literally means ~from ~till.
also いつですか is when is it.
Finally, I hope that you can tell your birthday in Japanese.
When is your bithday?
Today is our birthday.